Saturday 18 August 2012

Medalling time

If there were the equivalent of an Olympics for journal editors, I think I'd be aiming for gold, silver, and bronze: I've made just over one accept/reject decision (excluding 'revise and resubmit' decisions) each and every day this year. Oh, and each and every day last year too. As for the four years before these two.. my load was actually higher. In lieu of medals, I think I shall just go eat a lot of chocolate. Oh wait... should I go get chocolate, or go get a life? Nah... chocolate.

Having looked at this (and last) year's statistics, I'm wondering now whether it's just a coincidence that I end up working around 6 days in every 7, and end up rejecting around 6 manuscripts in every 7.

Truth is, and due to the editorial equivalent of some masochistic desire, I actually enjoy all this. And if I wasn't doing this, I'd probably be spending even more time surfing the web for those covetable objects of desire without which my bank balance would be rather healthier than it is. And yes, I love my new Sony RX100.