Saturday 22 September 2007

Rebuilding the pond: Day 3

Progress on Day 3 (Friday): Zero. It rained all day. Am going to abandon rebuilding the pond as it seems now that it would be more useful to build an ark... But on the plus side, I did process 24 papers on the 'manuscripts to be sent to review' queue. My hope is, over Saturday and Sunday, to process a further 10 on the 'manuscripts with all reviews complete' queue. And you know what? I feel guilty that that 24 wasn't 25. And that that 10 will, in all likelihood, be just 5 or 6. Guilt flows through my veins too freely...

[UPDATE: I in fact turned the 24 into 25, and processed a further 12! Do I feel guilt-free? No... because I didn't deal with any of the journal-related email that I should have dealt with. If it's not one thing, it's another... guilt knows no bounds]