Thursday 3 January 2008

The Andes

Am currently in a hotel in the Andes. I'd recommend the Andes, and the hotel, to anyone. Will post photos once I've decided I want to spend more time with my computer than I do with the Andes. Things I've done:
  • Driven 300 miles
  • Climbed the highest peak (I cheated - I took the chair lift)
  • Crossed one of the highest and deepest lakes in Argentina (I cheated - took a boat)
  • Bought ponchos for my kids.
  • Bought gifts for various friends.
  • Eaten more meat in a week than my stomach has had to deal with in a year. Thank you, Zantac, for seeing me through!
  • Drunk excellent wine.
  • Drunk lots of Maté.
  • Relaxed.
  • Relaxed some more.
  • Forgotten all those things that prevent me from relaxing.
  • Thought about all those people who make those things tolerable...