Wednesday 18 March 2009

from nut crackers to garlic crushers

Actually, this has nothing to do with nutcrackers, except for the fact that I have today received what is to garlic crushing as my prized nut cracker is to nut cracking. I can absolutely guarantee that this garlic crusher is the bees’ knees. It is the Porsche of garlic crushers. I can further guarantee that were you to give one or other or both of the nut cracker and garlic crusher to your loved ones this coming Xmas, you would be the most popular person around the Xmas tree. Of course, you may wonder why I’m thinking about Xmas already when the last snowfall of Spring has yet to come, and the yuletide spirit has another 9 months to gestate. The answer is simple: the combined cost of these two items is sufficiently high that you need to start saving now. But you get what you pay for, right?

And let me add, the cost of the garlic crusher was as nothing compared to the intense pleasure it gave me to receive it this morning and parade it in front of various of my colleagues. And yes.... they gasped. They really did...

I know... I know... I’m going mad. Blame it on work...